When they hear the word apple, many people immediately think of the iPhone, iPad, iPod, MacBook, or such. But, don’t forgot the actual fruit, and the benefits it can provide. They are almost endless, but this article focuses specifically on the many uses for apple cider vinegar, or ACV. Raw ACV is one of the top natural health remedies that you can use every day. Here are some of them (from Dr. Axe):
- Detox Your Body
- Unfiltered apple cider vinegar is a liver and lymphatic tonic which can help detox your body. It helps balance your body’s pH and stimulates cardiovascular stimulation, bowel motility and lymphatic drainage.
- Natural Conditioner to Make Hair Shine
- ACV can be used as a natural hair conditioner and makes your hair shine! Take an old shampoo bottle and fill it with 1 tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar and 1 cup of water. Pour this on your hair after shampooing three times per week for best results.
- Natural Teeth Whitener
- Take your finger and rub apple cider vinegar on your teeth for 1 minute. Then rinse your mouth with water. The pH of apple cider vinegar can remove stains from your teeth, which helps naturally whiten.
- Can Treat Acid Reflux and Heartburn
- Some of the main causes of acid reflux and heartburn are an imbalanced stomach pH and lack of enzymes and probiotics. Apple cider vinegar is full of all of these nutrients. How do you take apple cider vinegar? Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water and drink it five minutes before meals to relieve acid reflux.
- Can Kill Candida (Yeast) and Boost Probiotics
- Millions of people around the world struggle with candida and yeast. The side effects can be bad breath, lack of energy, UTI’s and digestive issues. ACV contains probiotics and a type of acid that promotes the growth of probiotics which help kill off candida. Remove sugar from your diet and consume 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar three times daily as part of a candida cleanse.
- Regulates Your Body’s pH
- ACV contains acetic acid, which is acidic in nature but has a more alkaline effect on the rest of your body. Balancing your bodies pH can reduce your risk of chronic illnesses like cancer and can dramatically increase your energy.
- Can Support Weight Loss and Metabolism
- A study published in the Journal of Diabetes Care found that consuming ACV could promote weight loss. There are several reasons ACV promotes fat loss, but one of those reasons includes that ACV reduces sugar cravings and improves detoxification. Another study found that supplementing with the acetic acid found in ACV reduced body fat in mice by 10 percent. A 2005 study from the Journal of the American Dietetic Association found that vinegar consumption with a high-carb meal resulted in participants eating/drinking 200 to 275 fewer calories throughout the rest of the day.
- An All-Natural Household Cleaner
- The anti-bacterial properties and the balanced pH of apple cider vinegar make it a perfect household cleaning product. Fill a spray bottle with 50 percent water and 50 percent ACV then spray windows and counters for cleaning.
Watch for parts 2 & 3 of this Blog.